Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Ho, Ho, Ho...it's cookie making time
I can hardly believe it's December already. I love the feeling of Christmas time and it's been even better this year in our very own house, in our very own neighborhood. Every night it's like a magic transition as the houses on our streets light up with lights - such a pretty sight! Vanessa is in a bit of awe when it comes to all the lights and our tree, she pretty much just stands there staring then walks around saying "star", "lights", "balls", "pretty". Her way of describing the "kiss-miss tree" as she calls it.
In my continuing quest to do "mom" things, we've been busy making up Christmas cookies this year. Who knew they were such a work out! I think I need a good nap (since I never seem to start making them until 8:30pm) and a massage by the time this holiday baking fest is over. With a few size issues, this cookie-rookie seems to be doing quite alright. I've learned a thing or two also like...what shortening is and what the heck a jigger of whiskey is ;-) Looking forward to some family time next week and a wonderful holiday!!
Ready for winter
Us at 22 1/2 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment