Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mommy...I awake

Our little 19mos old has really started to make our days interesting with all her chatter. She's doing super well with her words and using pretty near full sentences. For awhile now I've been waking up to her calling "Mommmmyyyyyy" or "Daddyyyyyy", but for the last few days we've been blessed to hear a bit more. This morning and yesterday: "Mommmmmmmmmmyyyyyy, I aaaa-wake. Come hear. Done, done" So funny and so cute! Usually wake time is around 7am, but this morning she was up before the sun at 6am and since our 'house rule' is not to get her until at least 6:30 I got to hear a little extra chit-chat. It went something like this: "Awake. Nessa done, done. Cuddle. Mommy, daddy, up. Girl mommy little. Doggie, blankie. Mommy get. Mommy door open, come". I think I could have sat there for another half hour just listening to her but couldn't resist going to get my morning hug. Of course all this chatter also means we need to be careful with our words since our little girl is quite the repeat parrot -- EVERYTHING gets repeated, not just words, but sentences. Another latest is that she has started to use her manners all on her own now saying "pease" and "sank-you" without being prompted. As proud as I am it's been a bit of a dangerous ground for this mom. Since I think it's so cute I've found myself giving in to "Dessert please" for the last 3 (or 4) nights! Oh well....considering how much this girl packs in the veggies and proteins, what's a little sugar????? We had our 18mos check up this week too (a few weeks late) and Vanessa has now gotten to the 25% for weight and is 22 1/2lbs and a wopping 32 1/2 inches tall (75%). Grow girl, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment