
Today marked a milestone. The first day of preschool! Starting today Vanessa will be going to a 2-year old preschool program (two days a week, for two hours...doesn't seem long enough for her energy). After being told by many to get out the tissues and wished good luck, I wasn't sure how the morning would go. I knew she'd love it but I didn't think it would be as easy as it really turned out to be. Tears-shmears...I mean, let's be honest, once she RAN into the room it was pretty apparent that Juan and I were clearly an afterthought. We had to practically corner her in order to get a kiss good bye. As soon as she got out of the car she started telling anyone and everyone she saw (all the other parents outside) "I'm going to preschool today!". Once the teacher said it was OK to go into the room Vanessa ran in and said "Good morning Mrs. Sue! I'm here!" The two hours seemed to fly by (for me at least) and I was thankful to have at least gotten a very big hug and a huge smile from her when she saw me there to pick her up! Once we got into the car she said..."can I go back to preschool". Now the question is: how do we bottle up this enthusiasm for going to school so we can use it if need be once she realizes just how much more school she really has??
No comments:
Post a Comment