Friday, January 15, 2010

Stomach bugs

Not a fun week in the Blanco house this week as both Vanessa and mommy got a nasty taste of the stomach bug. Thankfully it seems mommy had it the worst --- from 3am - 10am every half hour landed this pregnant lady in the ER for fluids (as recommended by my OB). Four hours and three IV bags later I was ready to come home, however, when I called Juan to come get me I was told it might be a little while because miss Vanessa had her first "sick" all over her crib upon waking up from her nap. I know, I know....TMI for everyone, huh? Fortunately we only had to deal with three "sicks" from our girl all of which weren't nearly as horrible as I imagined (even the one that landed all over me). By Wednesday she seemed nearly back to normal. We're keeping an eye on her still since she hasn't had much of an appetite and especially since her diapers haven't been that wet. So it's lots of Pedialyte and fluids for the next few days. Somehow Juan managed to escape the dreaded bug which was either lucky for him or actually maybe lucky for me since he got "clean up" duty ;-) Stay healthy all!!

1 comment: