Wednesday, November 9, 2011

October fun

Yes...this is a post all about October. Yes...I've been lacking in blog posts. Yes...I've been called out on my slacking. Things have been great and we were able to get some super fun weekends out of October that I managed to capture with some great pictures. The first weekend was a benefit golf tournament that all us Blanco's headed to Boston for and all the "of age" Blanco's actually golfed in (not surprising that any of the other Blanco's golfed, but a bit surprising that I am joining the ranks!). Yup. Me, Juan, his dad and Suzy. I'm pretty sure the best part of the tournament was the amazing drive I shot. It may have been the only real shot I had the entire 18, but you can be sure I'll be talking about for at least the next year. It was 198yds, I mean seriously...I'm allowed to brag right?! I didn't get it on video and I didn't get a photo, but I do have a few witnesses to prove it. The weather that weekend was unbelievable and allowed us to spend the rest of the time outdoors in downtown Boston. Bliss.


We also got to have a visit to our house from Grandpa and Uncle Ryan.  I'm pretty sure Vanessa made certain that neither of them had a boring (or quiet) moment to themselves.  Uncle Ryan got to golf with Daddy while Vanessa took the rest of us to the Children's Museum.  The rest of the photos are from Halloween weekend. Vanessa and I got to have some girl time and headed into town for a costume party. I'm not sure if the best part for Vanessa was seeing another girl dressed as Cinderella or the fact that there were no free tables at Panera when we stopped for lunch so we ate in our car. Yes, we had ourselves a ladies picnic in the front seat. I couldn't stop smiling because Vanessa thought it was the funniest thing. She's still talking about it weeks later. Note to moms...apparently it's the silly, breaking-the-rules sort of things that can make your kids day ;-)


walking around Boston Gardens with Abuelo

perfect day for a family photo

of course we got pictures on the ducks

loving Tia Suzy

exploring with Grandpa
(yes she's wearing pajamas with a Snow White skirt, don't all 3 year olds?)

a little q.t. with Grandpa

sizing up the other Cinderella

lunch in the car   ;-)

Happy Halloween!
(could not get them to stand next to each other, so gave up trying)


No comments:

Post a Comment