Monday, November 21, 2011

A pony please

I completely get the sad "my baby's growing up" thing that most mom's talk about as their kids get older.  That said, I also love watching them grow and learn and that I get to experience life all over again.  Having kids is sort of like a rebirth!  The little things, the simple things in life that we rarely even give two thoughts on suddenly become half-hour interesting conversations.  Anytime I hear "so mom, I was thinking..." I know it's going to be something good.  Of course right now I can't recall the details of so many of these recent conversations, but I assure you there are some good ones.  I started (finally) writing them down so don't worry, there will be future posts.
Along with life's little things and interesting conversations come new experiences.  Enter preschool.  More specifically, school field trips.  The first was to the pumpkin patch in October and the second, last week, was to a local horse stable.  Cold, smelly and full of "land mines" you can imagine how much I was into it.  That is, until I saw how cute and excited all the kids were at getting to meet the horses.  Too cute.  They got to groom, feed and of course ride a few of them and were beyond thrilled.  The conversation on the ride home went something like this...
"mom, you're the best.  I liked you being at the stable with me today"
"I loved being here today.  Did you have a good time?"
"Yes. And mom?"
"Yes Vanessa?"
"Can I have a horse?  A real horse like the one I rode on today?  Can I have one please?"
"Ask Daddy."

;-)

Feeding "Jack"
(Vanessa is in the pink)

Grooming "Percy"

"Daddy, can I have a horse?"

1 comment: